Thursday, March 22, 2012

Classification has been delayed because the routing information...

Any ideas on why I get this message in the transmission status:

Classification has been delayed because the routing information is currently being updated.

I did create/drop some routes because I had pointed them to the wrong service, but that was some time ago.

I also just tried to restart the sql instance and it hung on stopping so I'm assuming something with the routing caused the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

This error is cause by lock timeouts on reading the routing table (sys.routes) in the database where you're sending from and/or lock timeouts in the tempdb (where information about all SSB services in the SQL instance is stored). If you're hitting this, it means there must be some transaction holding a long lock on a route or on tempdb.

I would recommend using sys.dm_tran_locks, sys.syslockinfo or sp_lock to identify the lock that is blocking the SSB router from classifying messages.

|||

Thanks. I figured it out later on that I had inadventantly started a transaction to send a message and didn't commit it and after that I changed some of the routes so this held everything up. Smile

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment