Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cleaning unused stored procedure best practice?

I've recently inhereted an environment in which we have over 600 stored
procedures. The documentation is either very poor or non-existant and
am needing advice on how to determine if a stored procedure has been
used. Does SQL Server have any sort of ticker that indicates when a
stored procedure was last used?

Thanks and any additional information or experience would be greatly
appreciated.Unfortunately not. You could start by using Profiler to trace stored
procedure execution - that will give you a good idea of what is used
often, but of course it won't help to identify procs that are run once
a quarter or once a year.

Simon|||That's certainly better than anything I had. Although I will run this
for a month or two (we really don't have anything that runs longer
intervals), it will certainly give me the answer I need.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment