Tuesday, March 27, 2012

clear Cached reports in Visual studio

I am frequently going back and forth between the making changes to my reports and previewing those changes, all from within visual studio without publishing the reports each time.

The problem is that frequently changes that I make are not reflected in the preview window unless I either close out of visual studio completely or I wait some length of time, (I'm not sure how long exactly, but 1/2 an hour seems to always do the trick.)

Is there a way to clear any cache and force visual studio to completely reprocess a report?

At least when it is formatting changes I can identify whether the change has stuck, but when I'm fixing bugs in the code, I can't tell if I didn't fix it or if the change just hasn't taken effect.

the simplest method is to rebuild the report, after that hit the refresh button.sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment