Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Clear log after backup

Hello everybody,
I set up a backup routine to one of my SQL-Server databases.
Its a full backup, and I dont know why, but the log file its not cleared
after the backup. I thought the full backup, when executed, would clear the
database log. Is there something missing ?
EvandroFull backups do not truncate the log. You need to issue a log backup for
that or set the recovery mode to SIMPLE.
Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP
"Evandro Braga" <evandro_braga@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uGI4TGn9DHA.2640@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello everybody,
> I set up a backup routine to one of my SQL-Server databases.
> Its a full backup, and I dont know why, but the log file its not
cleared
> after the backup. I thought the full backup, when executed, would clear
the
> database log. Is there something missing ?
>
> Evandro
>

No comments:

Post a Comment