Sunday, March 25, 2012

cleaning up database

Hey,
This is puzzling me ... I had a relative big database (60GB) full with
data. Now I got rid of most of the data (when outputing tables with
sp_spaceused proc I get total of only 90MB) to create a dev db with the
same procs and structure that the production is. However after
reindexing and executing maintenance plan, the database is still 20 GB.
I know I don't have 19GB worth of procedures and triggers or viewes and
tables.
What else do I have to clean up in order to cut the database size down?DBCC SHRINKDATABASE
"laimis" wrote:
> Hey,
> This is puzzling me ... I had a relative big database (60GB) full with
> data. Now I got rid of most of the data (when outputing tables with
> sp_spaceused proc I get total of only 90MB) to create a dev db with the
> same procs and structure that the production is. However after
> reindexing and executing maintenance plan, the database is still 20 GB.
> I know I don't have 19GB worth of procedures and triggers or viewes and
> tables.
> What else do I have to clean up in order to cut the database size down?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment